Wild in Style Yurts - Low Wray
Low Wray, Cumbria
OS Grid Reference: NY 377012
Luxury Lake District Yurts on lake Windermere. Have a unique experience in one of our Yurts.
With a wood burning stove, comfortable bed/settees, wooden floor, lockable door, fully equipped kitchen, dining table and chairs, BBQ area and seating – all this with Lake Windermere less than a minute’s walk away… you will be able to switch off from the pressures of life.
We love the outdoors and adventures. We hope to give you both – seeing the magnificent Lake District in a new and interesting way and having a unique experience that will leave you with a smile on your face.
Just jump in the car and head for the hills, relax and enjoy your holiday…What we offer is a touch of luxury but more importantly now your car is free to take all those extras that normally wouldn’t fit in!Glamping Yurt Style
Yes – it not only takes the hassle out of camping, but gives you unique experiences with luxury, adventure and fun all thrown in; great for big and little kids alike. Stay in one of our Yurts and we take care of everything.. leaving you with space, time and comfort to be close to nature and see the Lake District at its best..
With Hawkshead and Ambleside only 4 miles away and nestled on the shores of Lake Windermere; from the campsite at Low Wray you are never that far away from a fantastic activity whatever the weather.
Each yurt has it's own unique style used in Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan or Kazakhstan. You can also expect the following facilities:
- Wood burning stove - with wood. We actively encourage fires – its good for the soul
- Raised wooden floors with tasteful rugs for ambience and comfort
- A fully equipped and functional kitchen, including a cast iron gas hob (no charge for gas) that gives off plenty of heat and means you aren’t waiting around for kettles to boil!
- All kitchen utensils needed to whip up a lovely meal – and then to eat it
- 2 very comfortable bed settee / futon beds with freshly laundered linen for all beds including cotton sheets, pillows and winter duvets so there is no chance you will be cold
- Large central skylight – giving light during the day and then atmosphere at night
- Electric lighting
- Table and chairs so you don’t always need to use a settee
|Open||Bookings for 4 yurts - 31st March - 29th October 2018.|
|2018 Rates||Prices from £270 to £350 depending on yurt and time of year. See our website for full pricing information.|
Yes. Book early to avoid disappointment, only 5 Yurts.
Please call Alex or Don on 07909 446381 to enquire about availability or to make a booking.Deposit and Payment
To make a booking a £100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the dates you wish. Outstanding balance is due four weeks prior to arrival.
Our yurts are available for the following:
|Max Users||Hawthorn - 16ft yurt - sleeps 4.
Rowan 18ft yurt - sleeps 4/5.
Holly, Birch & Oak - double yurts - sleep 5/6.
|No. of Toilets Blocks||3 on general site. 1 on group site.|
|No. of Showers||6 male, 6 female per block. No coins required.|
|Car Parking||Yes - in designated parking areas away from the yurts.|
|Gas Refills available?||Yes.|
|Open fires allowed?||Yes.|
|Disposable barbeques allowed?||Yes.|
|Nearest Food & Drink||
Drunken Duck Inn (2 miles)
Outgate Inn, Outgate (2 miles) - on the B5286. Traditional Lakeland Inn with real ales, good food.
|Nearest Bank||Ambleside (3 miles)|
|Mountain Bike Hire?||Ambleside (3 miles)|
|Local Walks||Fairfield Horseshoe ridge walk (2863ft max)
Loughrigg Fell (1101ft)
Around Windermere lake shore.
Grizedale Forest Park.